SOCIAL MEDIA MISTAKES YOU MAY BE MAKING
The opportunities for business on social media are endless. But it’s not without risks. Are you making any of these simple mistakes?
Find out what not to do when it comes to social media for your business.
1. Don’t try to be everywhere at once. Be selective with your time and choices. There are so many channels that if you try to tackle all of them you’ll end up spreading yourself too thin and compromise on quality.
2. Grammar and spelling. Get the basics right. It’s not a good look for your business if you are lacking in this area.
3. Failing to respond to messages. The more channels you have, the more messages you’ll get and not responding or delays in getting back to people only leads to customer dissatisfaction.
4. Read through content before you share it. Don’t get caught in the trap of reading a headline or the first couple of paragraphs and sharing without realising it could be offensive or in some way inappropriate for your brand and audience.
5. Using a Facebook profile rather than a page. It doesn’t happen too often these days but it is still worth being aware of this clanger. Set up a page not a profile. And don’t try to add your customers as Facebook friends.
6. Broadcasting rather than conversing. Social media is a two-way communication channel. Treat it as such and use it as an opportunity to build an engaged community. Always include a call to action with your posts to nurture engagement.
7. Posting the same types of content again and again. Mix it up to avoid boredom amongst your audience.